Welcome back fit family! I hope you are having a great start to your holiday season filled with family, friends, food, and lots of love. If you haven't had a chance to read my last post "Survival Guide to Holiday Eating" be sure to check it out! It will definitely help you during the holidays to stay on track with your fitness goals. Today I wanted to share one of my favorite goto lunch recipes (at the moment). I love creating meals that are healthy and delicious, but are easy to whip up in your kitchen so you can spend your time enjoying your food rather than making it! This easy spinach bowl recipe will become a go-to for you I am sure. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the recipe. If you try it at home be sure to let me know what you think!
BLARUEFIT'S EASY SPINACH BOWL RECIPE
The great thing about this recipe is you can grab whatever you have in your refrigerator and throw it in the bowl, you will never get bored! The bowl that I made is a low carb spinach bowl. If you want to add carbohydrates into this recipe you can add brown rice or quinoa for a nice touch.
- 4oz Turkey Breast
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Sweet Snap Peas
- Cherry Tomatos
- (any other veggies you have in your fridge and want to add)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium size pan
- Slice turkey breast into strips and add them to your pan
- Cook strips through and set them to the side (I topped mine with sesame seeds)
- With your pan still warm add any vegetables that you want in your bowl
- Allow the left over olive oil to coat your veggies and cook them to your desired tenderness
- Take a bowl and fill the bottom with spinach, add your veggies and turkey slices
- Crush up your pecans and sprinkle them into your bowl
- FINALLY poach 1 egg and place it as the topper of your bowl! (once you break the egg it acts as a sauce)
You have a super simple, healthy and delicious lunch!