Hello blaruefit family! Chef Britni is back at it in the kitchen and today I bring you a delicious Banana Muffin recipe! These muffins are made with whole natural ingredients, they are super simple to make, and are gluten free. They are perfect for a grab & go breakfast, afternoon snack, or maybe an after dinner dessert.
I was at my boyfriends house and noticed he had a huge stack of bananas that were almost rotten (aka perfect for baking), thank you boys for not eating the groceries you buy. ;) So of course my mind started pondering what I could do with brown bananas...and of course banana bread popped into my head! Banana bread is such a classic and one of my favorite treats, so I decided I was going to make a banana bread that I could actually feel good about eating. I chose to make these into muffins because it is easier to measure out portion sizes...because your girl will eat the whole loaf if it is in front of her (#alwayshungry). I chose to use my John's Killer Protein PROATS in this recipe because they are gluten free and have extra protein! If you want to order these PROATS CLICK HERE and use my code BLARUEFIT for a discount on your order. I also used almond flour because I think it bakes great and it is a great gluten free substitute to plain flour.
These muffins honestly turned out better than I was expecting. Think grandmas banana bread but no guilt! Feel free to eat these muffins right out of the oven but if you want to save them just pop them in the refrigerator. I think they are best when reheated in your microwave for about 30 seconds. The chocolate chips on top add a great little sweet treat but if you really want to get fancy (I am here for you topping queens out there) add some almond butter to the top of your muffin or drizzle it with a bit of honey! Yummy!
The whole recipe is below for you but I also have a youtube video below of exactly how to make the recipe! Give it a watch, give the recipe a try, and while you are eating your delicious muffin out of the oven SHARE this blog post and COMMENT on if you tried the recipe and how delicious you think it is! I hope you all enjoy these as much as my taste testers and I did!
Until next time my friends. Have a great week!
BANANA MUFFIN RECIPE | EASY, HEALTHY, & GLUTEN FREE
This banana muffin recipe is so simple to make and perfect for a grab & go breakfast or afternoon snack. These muffins remind me of classic banana bread with a hint of almond butter. Oh yeah and the chocolate chips on top cure that sweet tooth (#obsessedwithchocolate).
These muffins taste best when you pop them in the microwave for about 30 seconds, and if you really want to get fancy top them with some almond butter or a drizzle of honey!
- 1/2 cup John's Killer Protein PROATS (You can sub with regular oats)
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 packets Stevia
- 1 tbsp Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 medium Bananas
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 large Egg
- 1 large Egg White
- 2 tbsp Almond Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large mixing bowl mix together all dry ingredients (proats, almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and stevia). Do not mix in the chocolate chips, you will use those as a topping.
- In a separate bowl mash your bananas until they are smooth with a few chunks left if you like to have chunks in your muffins. It is best to use browning bananas for added sweetness! Set your bananas aside.
- In another bowl add your egg and egg white and whisk until blended together.
- Bring back your dry ingredient bowl and add all of your remaining ingredients (almond milk and almond butter). Then add your bananas and eggs.
- Mix, mix, mix, your muffin batter until all blended together.
- Coat your muffin pan with coconut oil or cooking spray, this prevents your muffins from sticking.
- Evenly distribute your banana muffin batter into your pan to make six muffins.
- Top the banana muffin batter with your semisweet chocolate chips.
- Bake your muffins at 350 degrees for 25-30 or until golden brown.
- Eat your muffins on the spot or refrigerate them to eat later. If you are saving your muffins pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds to reheat.
BANANA MUFFIN NUTRITION: 233 Calories/15g Fat/19g Carbs/9g Protein